Meet you at WordCamp Oslo

Next weekend I'm attending WordCamp Oslo 2013, visiting Norway for the second time. I'll be presenting a JavaScript related session since JS is practically everywhere in web now and the majority of technical people (frontend or backend devs, administrators etc) tend to expect that the language is pretty much straight forward, or already known due to it's C-like syntax that one could use as a server-side language developer or even studied some C/C++ at school. If you want to have a quick chat over the weekend, don't hesitate to ping me around the venue - it's always great to meet… Continue Reading

WordCamp Sofia – Oct 20, Bulgaria

Ever been to Bulgaria? If not, now is the perfect time to visit the beautiful country and attend WordCamp Sofia. More about the 4th annually local meetup of the international event hosted in 116 different cities so far is available on the WordCamp Sofia website. A small dev day is also being organized on Sunday! Our host would be Telerik and the event would take place in Telerik Academy - the best open academy in Bulgaria. Several speakers from Automattic would present at the camp, followed by WordPress experts from around the world. The list of speakers is available here.… Continue Reading

Theme submission steps – presentation

The WPORG theme reviewers' mailing list got an interesting email from Chip where he shared an awesome SlideShare presentation. The WordPress.org reviewers are volunteers and they help each other with technical and philosophical questions on the WordPress platform, best practices designing and structuring a theme or a framework, obsolete and modern functions, security and more. It's a great pleasure getting in touch with these guys and sharing experience. About the presentation - an anonymous (at least not popular reviewer or theme author) speaker has shared on SlideShare this great walkthrough for creating a theme from scratch and all the important steps… Continue Reading