Category: Community

Mind Your JavaScript on WordPress.tv

My “Mind your JavaScript” talk from WordCamp Oslo last month is now live on WordPress.tv: Special props to @koop for his JavaScript talk from 2011 and his work on the gallery feature for 3.5. Note: the talk doesn’t make much sense without the slides but unfortunately the video couldn’t focus on both the speakers and…

Continue reading

WordPress Developers hangout recording with Pippin and Franz

We just ended the first official WordPress Developers community hangout recorded live with Franz Kaiser and Pippin Williamson, available here: It’s been fun hangin’ out with both Pippin and Franz, it’s always inspiring to have a chat with fellow contributors. In the interview we’re discussing different topics, such as: work styles – clients work vs….

Continue reading

Shortcut to the WordPress Community for Beginners

Last week Siobhan wrote a very thorough and comprehensive article regarding the WordPress Community. People who are just stepping on the WordPress ground have a hard time figuring out where to start, how to get better and furthermore how to give back to a project. Luckily, the continuous work on the community-related groups is leading to…

Continue reading

After WordCamp Oslo 2013

It’s been a great WordCamp this weekend in Oslo, Norway – WordCamp Oslo 2013. My expectations at first were not extremely promising, mostly due to the fact that Oslo is the most expensive city in the world and the weather is unbearable for most warm country inhabitants, but the event was actually incredible in terms of…

Continue reading

Meet you at WordCamp Oslo

Next weekend I’m attending WordCamp Oslo 2013, visiting Norway for the second time. I’ll be presenting a JavaScript related session since JS is practically everywhere in web now and the majority of technical people (frontend or backend devs, administrators etc) tend to expect that the language is pretty much straight forward, or already known due…

Continue reading

WordCamp Sofia – Oct 20, Bulgaria

Ever been to Bulgaria? If not, now is the perfect time to visit the beautiful country and attend WordCamp Sofia. More about the 4th annually local meetup of the international event hosted in 116 different cities so far is available on the WordCamp Sofia website. A small dev day is also being organized on Sunday!…

Continue reading

Recommended WP hostings – Podcast

Recently I found a research on WP hosting providers by WPShout – http://wpshout.com/wordpress-hosting-review/ . It is a pretty good review and I have used servers from most of the hosting providers listed there so I decided that this could be my next podcast. In this review I’m going through the list from the site summarizing what is…

Continue reading

WordPress as a CMS system

At the WordPress San Francisco event one of the topics was about the WordPress as a Content Management System (CMS). Most of the people out there still find WordPress as the ultimate blogging platform without taking into consideration the actual ability of the system to act as a great website creator taking care of user…

Continue reading

Theme submission steps – presentation

The WPORG theme reviewers’ mailing list got an interesting email from Chip where he shared an awesome SlideShare presentation. The WordPress.org reviewers are volunteers and they help each other with technical and philosophical questions on the WordPress platform, best practices designing and structuring a theme or a framework, obsolete and modern functions, security and more. It’s…

Continue reading