Hard work can often be rewarding or overwhelming. Depending on your state of mind, you can be energized from accomplishing a ton at work or exhausted from the tough journey undertaken daily.
I’ve found three popular scenarios where people feel exhausted and unsatisfied at the end of a workday:
- They work a blue-collar job that doesn’t contribute to them professionally.
- They aren’t experienced enough to accomplish the same results with lower energy output.
- Their lifestyle prevents them from engaging in other activities after work hours.
If you’re finding yourself in the first category, consider some additional qualifications that would move you higher on the professional ladder.
If you’ve accepted a job offer that requires higher expertise than your own, you have two options:
- Find a job that’s easier and fits your background without too much stress.
- Push hard and become much better (giving yourself a pat on the back for the growth hack).
If everything seems to check out, revise your life habits.
Unless you change the way you live and turn away from the old habits that keep you from being motivated to work harder and better, you will find it hard to hustle as you should.
Make sure you get enough sleep daily, eat healthy food, and hit the gym or run in the mornings. Your spirit is somewhat constrained by your body. When you feel energized, you are generally able to accomplish more and avoid suffering from burnout in the workplace.