Does it still matter what letter do business names start with? Back in the day, the yellow pages were a strategic source for generating prospects for a business.
However, this was a common hack 30–40 years ago and most businesses no longer rely on this traffic source.
Nowadays, you’ll likely find leads via:
- Social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest)
- SEO (Google, Bing)
- Events and Tradeshows
- Email marketing
- Meetups and smaller industry events
- Lead targeting and generation tools
- Online communities, groups, forums
- Blogging and guest blogging
- Quora or Reddit
None of those channels relies heavily on the alphabetical order of business names to put precedence on a business over another one.
Even when sponsoring an event, the order tends to be organized by “sponsor package” first and a random combination such as “first come first served”.